- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- Pointful Education Protects Your Information
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Links to Other Sites
- Questions and Suggestions
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, meaning information about you that can uniquely identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, if you choose to provide us with such information. We may also collect information about you that does not uniquely identify you, such as information about your school or organization, if you choose to provide us with such information. We collect such information in various ways, including if you:
- Request information from us by submitting a form on the Site
- In addition, when you visit Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about visitor traffic on our Site. The information we may collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, its operating system type and web browser);
- Dates, times and duration of visits to the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and/or
- Information on actions taken on the Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
How We Use the Information We Collect
Email Address: This is used to contact you regarding your inquiry. Correspondence concerning your inquiry will be sent to this email address.
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- understand your needs and interests and tailor the Site and our products and services accordingly;
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with you about our services, offers, and events
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the services we offer;
- enforce our other agreements, as applicable; and/or
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
- We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates, or to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. Such third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may also disclose your personal information to: (i) comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (ii) enforce or apply our agreements, as applicable; and/or (iii) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pointful Education, our customers, or others. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale or other transfer of some or all of our assets.
We offer you the following choices about what information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
- Cookies: Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site’s features.
- Website Analytics: You may opt-out of the collection and use of data about you by Google Analytics on the Site by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Marketing Emails: You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- Newsletter: You may choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from our newsletter will not unsubscribe you from our marketing emails. You will need to “unsubscribe” from each if you no longer wish to receive these emails.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Pointful Education Protects Your Information
Your information is stored on separate secure servers. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) is designed to protect children’s privacy while using the Internet. The Site is not directed to, and Pointful Education does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected]. For more information about COPPA, please visit http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html.
Links to Other Sites
Questions and Suggestions
Pointful Education, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Inquiry
Email: [email protected]
To better provide you with access to and use of Pointful Education digital courseware, we collect two types of information about our Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using Pointful Education digital courseware via our Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) integration.
All Client users (i.e. students, teachers, school staff, etc.) would be considered unregistered users of Pointful Education. They access content via the Client’s Learning Management System (LMS) without registering and/or logging into a separate Pointful Education platform. For students accessing Pointful Education content, if student tracking and scoring is enabled by the institution, the following information is stored about students and instructors
who access this content:
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Student’s ID from the LMS
Personally Identifiable Information: Full Name
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Scores on the activities they participate in
Please note that if student tracking and scoring is enabled, instructors, as indicated by the LMS, can see a granular view of students’ interactions with Pointful Education content and to view reports on student progress. This information will not be sold nor shared with third parties and is only used for educational purposes.