How AR and VR is Changing Industries
- Introduction to Augmented and Virtual Reality: Got to start with a firm foundation! This will help make sure you’re clear as crystal on the different terms and learn all about how we got to where we are with VR and AR.
- Augmented Reality: Here we look at some of the technology behind AR. Don’t worry- if my decidedly non-techy brain can understand it, so can yours!
- Virtual Reality: After looking at what it takes to make VR realistic, you’ll begin to understand why even though it has been around for a couple decades, it is really starting to take off now.
- Social and Telepresence: Here we take a close look at how you can be in one place while actually being in another (hologram enthusiasts, get excited!).
- Education: From elementary schools taking class field trips to the coral reef, to medical students gaining more hands on experience, VR and AR are revolutionizing education.
- Engineering, Architecture, and Construction: These companies in these industries will be safer, more communicative, and save money in the future, all thanks to VR/AR.
- Entertainment: What’s life without a little fun, huh?! Find out about how VR is revolutionizing the dying arcade business and why you’ll want to grab a group of friends and head out for a group mixed reality experiences.
- Shopping: The internet changed retail dramatically. But online shopping isn’t without its drawbacks. Find out how VR and AR provide the solution to some of online shopping’s greatest challenges.
- Healthcare: From overcoming phobias to experiencing less pain during procedures, VR and AR applications in healthcare are limitless and pretty exciting!
And that’s just to give you a little taste! We also dive into issues such as VR/AR and safety, costs vs. rewards, and where improvements need to be made in the technology.
Compared to other technologies and industries, VR/AR is just a baby. It still has so much growth to achieve and applications to explore. By taking this course and getting a firm start in the field, students will have a tremendous advantage in taking VR/AR to new places.